Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Christy L. Hertz
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Florida on
Q: My son attends a different high school than what was agreed on the parenting plan, can my ex unenrol him?

My ex husband and I agreed that our son would attend a different high school to the one stated in the parenting plan. My ex is now rescinded this and is insisting that he attend the high school stated in parenting plan and is threatening to unenrol him tomorrow. Does the joint decision we made... View More

Christy L. Hertz
Christy L. Hertz
answered on May 26, 2021

The Parenting Plan controls unless it was modified in writing and adopted by the Court. Therefore, unfortunately the joint decision that was verbal is not binding. However, the joint decision is relevant related to any modifications on the Parenting Plan and school.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.