Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Robert S. Stephen
2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for New Hampshire on
Q: Can a judge file a civil lawsuit(not in their official capacity)against a party in the same jurisdiction the judge works
Robert S. Stephen
Robert S. Stephen pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Nov 30, 2022

In New Hampshire, if the judge is not a full time judge (i.e. a per diem judge), he or she may practice law and can file lawsuits on behalf of a client. The rules would require the judge not to practice in the division of the court that he or she serves in. Therefore, for example, a per diem or... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation and Personal Injury for New Hampshire on
Q: can a non profit enforce a waiver of liability against participants resulting in injury activities run by the non profit
Robert S. Stephen
Robert S. Stephen pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 26, 2018

Waivers can be enforceable but it depends on many factors including who signed it, their age, what is being waived, how long before the event it was signed etc....the only way to properly have it analyzed is to bring the waiver to an attorney promptly and remember there are strict time limits you... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.