Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Ted A Greene

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for California on

Q: When selling business equipment should I use that money to pay bills before or after I declare bankruptcy?

My husband is selling his equipment, we plan on using the money to pay off some of our bills, but we would like to know if we should do it before or after we declare bankruptcy.

Ted A Greene answered on Dec 3, 2012

Do not pay large amount of money to family, friends, or credit cards before filing chapter 7 bankruptcy. These are considered "preferences" and the bankruptcy trustee will be able to take such money back and re-distribute to all of the creditors on a pro-rata basis. The amount of money that you... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for California on

Q: I purchased a home in Sacramento and lived in it for a year. I had to move for work and couldn't sell, so I rented it.

I'm now facing the possibility of short sale. Is the mortgage still non-recourse even though I'm not living in the house now? It was a purchase money mortgage only and was never refinanced.

Ted A Greene answered on Dec 1, 2012

I am a short sale expert attorney, can you give me a few more details or give me a call to discuses 916 442 6400, short sales need a hard ship and must be owner occupied, lets discuss further we might be able to draw a hardship but I need to know a bit more, I have negotiated many short sales in... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for California on



Ted A Greene answered on Dec 1, 2012

Some or all your creditors will be listed on your report, they will have a chapter 7 discharge status as soon as your case gets discharge. Just be sure to work hard on repairing your credit and you will be on your way to credit restoration soon.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for California on

Q: How do I find out status and details of my Ch.7? I have no more money to continue w/attorney. Trustees will give no info

Ted A Greene answered on Dec 1, 2012

get a case number and you can look up your status at the federal court house, their computer system should be able to show you where you are at with the process, if you need help feel free to give us a call 916 442 6400

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.