Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Michael L. Mineau
2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Rhode Island on
Q: Who can serve divorce documents on a Rhode Island resident?
Michael L. Mineau
Michael L. Mineau
answered on Mar 27, 2013

Per RI Dom. Rel. P. Rule 4: "Service of all process shall be made by a sheriff or the sheriff's deputy, within the sheriff's county unless otherwise provided by law, by any other person authorized by law, or by some person specially appointed by the court for that purpose..."

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Probate for Rhode Island on
Q: On the RI probate form 9.1 what is Type of Petiton to be entered on the blank line?
Michael L. Mineau
Michael L. Mineau
answered on Mar 20, 2013

This blank line is for the type of petition you are seeking to waive the notice requirement for. Because this form is used for different types of petitions (i.e. Petition for Probate of a Will, Administration Petition, etc.), you should fill in the blank with the type of Petition that your upcoming... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.