Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Daniel Abasolo

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Texas on

Q: I moved from tx to nc when my son was 3 wks old. Never married to father. Been in NC for 11 months and had temp orders

In texas while i was living in NC. Does temp orders in Tx require me to have texas as jurisdiction if child and I havent lived in texas in almost a year and the child was only there for three weeks? Just dont know if i sign final orders saying no other ct has jurisdiction and I feel nc is more... Read more »

Daniel Abasolo answered on May 7, 2012

The Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) governs where child custody cases are heard and what courts have jurisdiction in all 50 states. When a court issues orders concerning conservatorship, visitation, or support of a child it becomes the "court of continuing exclusive... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Texas on

Q: Is there anything that would allow a grandparent to file for a motion to access their grandchilder in Texas law?Housto

I know I need to have standing before I will even be able to file on my daughter to have visit with my grandkids. Is there anyway to do it without involving CPS? She is a good mother she just uses the kids to hurt anyone when she gets mad and she is always mad.

Daniel Abasolo answered on May 7, 2012

The Supreme Court and Texas law recognizes the overwhelming interest parents have in raising their children. The court will not usurp parental authority and judgment without a good reason. Still, grandparents have some limited ability to seek conservatorship or access:

Conservatorship is...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.