Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Romy B. Jurado
2 Answers | Asked in Probate for Florida on
Q: Can my dead sister's husband claim my sister's inheritance?

My mother owned a piece of real property when she passed away. There was no Will. There were two lineal descendants which are my sister and I. My sister and her husband moved into the house. We never made a claim of the inheritance with the courts. My sister passed away with no lineal descendants.... View More

Romy B. Jurado
Romy B. Jurado
answered on Oct 13, 2019

Hi, he may have a claim, but you may have one too. You should meet with a Florida Probate attorney to examine the dates and facts to determine your rights and actions you must take.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Business Formation and Business Law for Florida on
Q: My informal business partner is not pulling his weight and I'd like to take the product and move on without him.

I wanted to start a company with an associate of mine a few years ago. We agreed on how we would structure the company and what our roles would be. I would develop the product and he would handle business and sales operations.

Without the company being formalized, I created the product... View More

Romy B. Jurado
Romy B. Jurado
answered on Jul 19, 2018

You may have formed a general partnership. A partnership is a business form created automatically when two or more persons engage in a business enterprise for profit. I would have him signed documents stating that no partnership was formed and disclaiming any rights to the product.

3 Answers | Asked in Business Formation for Florida on
Q: Do I need to form a corporation to buy an existing business in my town?
Romy B. Jurado
Romy B. Jurado
answered on Jun 22, 2018

You can buy a business via an asset purchase, where you will have to create a corporation or LLC to buy the assets or you can buy the whole corporation. An asset purchase is like having an all-you-can-eat buffet. It allows you to be able to pick what you want and ignore the funny tasting stuff. You... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.