Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Katie Sager
2 Answers | Asked in Child Support and Family Law for Florida on
Q: Hi i am looking to modify our child support agreement and increase the amount.

Is this something that is possible after an agreement of amount has been made? At the time of agreement and as the divorce was being finalized I was living in different circumstances. Due to safety issues we had to move out and now I cannot afford equal housing for the children with what we agreed... View More

Katie Sager
Katie Sager
answered on Jan 26, 2021

Child support is modifiable if there has been a substantial, material, permanent change in circumstances that was not anticipated at the time of the last order or judgment that establishes child support. To initiate a proceeding to modify child support under the current court order, you will have... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.