Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by David T Reagan

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for California on

Q: What steps/proceeds can I do to obtain the legal forms for a criminal exemption/or an exspung to clear my record.

It happen back in 1980.

David T Reagan answered on Mar 26, 2014

I am not sure about a criminal exemption. Perhaps you could provide me more information. As to an expungement, also known as a dismissal under Penal Code section 1203.4, you can find the appropriate forms on the judicial council website, forms CR-180-181.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for California on

Q: How do I know if the search warrant was valid, legal, and legidimate?

David T Reagan answered on Mar 21, 2014

This is a legal question best answered by an attorney. If you would like challenge a search warrant, first your attorney needs to obtain the search warrant and the police reports regarding the warrant. Sometimes the police ask to keep parts of the warrant under seal, but it is normally accessible... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for California on

Q: How can I obtain the Police Reports from a homicide investigation?

From the State of California.

David T Reagan answered on Feb 11, 2014

If you are a defendant, request the reports from your defense attorney. The defense attorney should give you a redacted copy. If a case is closed, and someone was a client of an attorney, that attorney has to give them all of the records in the file, including police reports, although they will... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for California on

Q: Where to get some help for prisoner appealing 3 strikes parole denial.

Parole denied. Has no money to get good representation. Are there organizations willing to help.

David T Reagan answered on Feb 6, 2014

Is your question is there an opportunity to get help help for an appeal because the recall of his sentence was denied under Proposition 36 as a third striker? Or is your question that parole was denied after a hearing in front of the parole board, and you want to either 1) file a writ of habeas... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.