Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Tyler Fleck
2 Answers | Asked in Child Support for Kentucky on
Q: My ex owes me over 20,000$ in back child support but he owes the state like 3000. Will I get any of his stimulus?

Or will the state take it all even though he owes me so much more? He is on ssi.

Tyler Fleck
Tyler Fleck
answered on May 29, 2020

The IRS has published "Frequently Asked Questions" regarding the intersection of Child Support arrears and the Stimulus Check. You can see those FAQ's here:

Specifically, your question is number 32....
View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.