Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Lawrence M. Kasen

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for New York on

Q: I have deferred action permit (dream act ) And I wonder if can travel to Puerto Rico only with my drivers license ?

Lawrence M. Kasen answered on Apr 25, 2014

Yes, Puerto Rico is a territory of the U.S. and is thus deemed to be part of U.S. You would not be leaving the U.S. at all.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for New York on

Q: Can i still apply for my citizenship even though my green card is expired

Lawrence M. Kasen answered on Apr 25, 2014

You will first have to renew your green card and then apply for naturalization to become a U.S. citizen, assuming you meet the requirements to do so.

3 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law for South Carolina on

Q: My friend was granted voluntary departure after an aggravated felony conviction.Will he be able to return to the us?

Lawrence M. Kasen answered on Apr 25, 2014

It is highly unusual for voluntary departure to be granted by an Immigration Court for a convicted aggravated felon. There must have been unusual circumstances of which you are not aware, such as the felony conviction was overturned. You should consult an experienced immigration lawyer to address... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.