Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Jeredith Elaine Jones
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Texas on
Q: Texas deceased husband has back child support arrears on a 32 year old daughter.

I owed house before we married. I bought 2 more houses during the marriage. Can his x wife force me to sell my properties to pay his back child support arrears. He willed his 50 % property ownership to my son.

Jeredith Elaine Jones
Jeredith Elaine Jones
answered on Feb 27, 2019

It depends. If she obtained a judgment for the past due child support within the statute of limitations, the 32 year old daughter or the mother can file a claim for the child support against any of his assets. If the process wasn't followed, it is unlikely that any of his property could be... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Family Law for Texas on
Q: How to get access to sealed juvenile records in Texas? The case was a sexual abuse case & the plaintiff recanted

The victim was a child & recanted the statement for the family. The child is an adult now & in therapy & would like access to the files for therapy reasons. How do they get access

Jeredith Elaine Jones
Jeredith Elaine Jones
answered on Feb 27, 2019

It would depend on the records. Some records are not discoverable before or after a final order. The Forensic interview, for instance, would never be allowed to be released but you may be able to view it at the district attorneys office given the proper open court case. In addition, you will... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.