Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Brad Marsicek
2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Nebraska on
Q: What’s considered incompatible for a divorce? To what degree does mental illness come into play?

I think my wife wants to divorce me only because she wants to. We did try marriage counseling for a year but nothing improved. Working individually with him separately seems to work better. I’m unsure to what degree our marriage is legally irretrievably broken as I think if we could just talk... View More

Brad Marsicek
Brad Marsicek
answered on Dec 28, 2022

Nebraska is a no-fault divorce state. If your spouse is no longer willing to work on the marriage, your spouse will ultimately be able to obtain a divorce. Regardless of your the decision your spouse makes, you efforts to continue to seek help should continue. If you have a documented mental... View More

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Child Support for Nebraska on
Q: Can I get the interest on the back child support written off in Nebraska? The child support is caught up just interest.

He’s 23 now so no child support payments for 4 years

Brad Marsicek
Brad Marsicek
answered on Nov 26, 2022

Hello - Even if the child is 23, if you owe child support money or still owe interest from a past balance paid, any child support debt will continue to accrue interest until paid in full or a receipt is filed by the other parent. The only exception would be if a Court retroactively adjusts child... View More

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Nebraska on
Q: I self filed for a complaint to Establishing Paternity, Custody, Parenting Time, and Child Support.

Am I able to self file to ask the judge for a temporary parenting plan? As my ex spouse has completely cut me out of our daughter's life and I'd like to have time with her during the proceedings.

Brad Marsicek
Brad Marsicek
answered on Nov 17, 2022

As Julie mentioned, you do not need an attorney to seek a temporary parenting plan in a normal divorce or paternity case. However, an attorney will have the expertise and experience to guide you through this process. Your posting makes it seem like there may be an existing court order, which... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.