Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Katherine Schnauss Naugle
2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for Florida on
Q: In Florida .What happens with money in bank acct. When act holder dies and beneficiary is also deceased.

A widowed woman dies. She has written a will but the will was never notarized. Only relative alive is deceased sister husband. Can he collect the money

Katherine Schnauss Naugle
Katherine Schnauss Naugle answered on Feb 22, 2019

You will need to consult with a probate attorney as a small probate will need to be done.

View More Answers

5 Answers | Asked in Probate for Florida on
Q: My uncle passed away and left his home to my grandmother. She has passed away I am her only heir. How do get the house.

Titled in my name. I have been paying the mortgage for a few years now.

Katherine Schnauss Naugle
Katherine Schnauss Naugle answered on Jul 18, 2017

It all depends on which probates have and have not been completed. When your uncle passed away, if the home was just in his name then his estate will need to be probated to pass the home to your mother, assuming there is a valid Will or that it would pass to your uncle under the intestate statute... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Probate for Florida on
Q: I'm the executor of my Dad's will, but I live out of state and we haven't filed it yet with the court.

Can my son deal with paying current costs, like for the funeral, right now - he lives in state - even though the will hasn't been filed yet?

Katherine Schnauss Naugle
Katherine Schnauss Naugle answered on Nov 10, 2016

It depends on how your dad's accounts were titled. If they were joint accounts with your son then yes he can. I would suggest talking to a probate lawyers to determine how to pay expenses.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.