Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Hal Walker Jr.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Alabama on

Q: How much time would someone serve with a 20 sentence?

Hal Walker Jr. answered on Apr 28, 2015

usually after five years they can try to get a parole hearing. We can help you with that.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support for Alabama on

Q: 19 year old graduates in a month and working. do I have to still pay child support in alabama

19 year old still in high school, and working. do I have to still pay Alabama child support. when does it stop or when should I file the paper work to have it to stop?

Hal Walker Jr. answered on Apr 28, 2015

No, but if you are on an Income Withholding Order, you may need help from the court to have your employer stop taking the money from your check.

2 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Alabama on

Q: what is the average attorney fee on a medical malpractice case (nursing home abuse)?

Hal Walker Jr. answered on Apr 28, 2015

It varies by the law firm. I have seen anywhere from 40-50 percent.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody for Alabama on

Q: where do I go to file to gain custody back from my ex husband? He wont let me see her,he has violated all my rights????

Hal Walker Jr. answered on Apr 28, 2015

The burden to change legal or physical custody of a child is very great. You will need the assistance of an attorney to help you with this. Talk to several good ones in your county.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Alabama on

Q: When my ex went & filed a restraining order from seeing my own child, in 2009, i had no clue. how long till it goes away

I've never done anything to not see her, but my ex seems so hell bent on entrapping me. I've seen my daughter since that order(that I had no clue existed, until today), & haven't suffered any legal action. What is the statute of limitations on something of this nature?

Hal Walker Jr. answered on Apr 28, 2015

Depending on the language in the Order it may never go away. You need to let an attorney review it for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.