Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Daniel R. Lasar
1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Nevada on
Q: I married a US citizen, can I travel back to my country?

am a visa B2 holder with a travel permit still in effect. I married a citizen 2 weeks ago but need to go back to my country before starting the immigration process of adjustment of status. Am I able to leave the country and come back without it affecting the immigration status change that we will... View More

Daniel R. Lasar
Daniel R. Lasar
answered on Mar 29, 2017

Tread carefully -- the return visit can open you to a charge of immigrating intent, and create problems. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney in detail.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.