Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Joel F. Murray
1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for New Mexico on
Q: Can you appeal a civil judgement passed by administrative judge, Can an administrative judge issue a contempt of court?


Joel F. Murray
Joel F. Murray
answered on Feb 13, 2022

Generally, there is a process where you can appeal a final administrative decision to court. The process for doing so varies by jurisdiction.

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Tax Law for California on
Q: I do consulting & engineering as a contractor. Can I open an S-corp. in a different state than the one I operate it?

I'll be working from a home office, based in California. Would like to incorporate in Florida.

The nature of the job is either consulting to tech. companies or offering engineering services or selling them designs which I make on my own.

Joel F. Murray
Joel F. Murray
answered on Feb 13, 2022

Generally, if a foreign corporation (e.g. a different state) is operating/doing business in a different state than the state in which they are incorporated, they register with the state agency that regulates corporations (in California, the Secretary of State) as a foreign business entity (e.g. a... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.