Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Michael Monteforte
1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning for Massachusetts on
Q: As executor, can I put money I have inherited from a retirement account/insurance policy of the deceased to pay debt?

Money is owed to family member for having paid bills but was not paid back prior to the death of the person who owed the money. There is proof this money is owed. There is not enough cash in the estate to pay back the money.

Michael Monteforte
Michael Monteforte
answered on Jul 8, 2019

I think that a little more info is needed here, but wanted to give you some basics. First, the estate has to pay valid claims so long as there is money to do so. BUT, if you inherited funds from the deceased and those funds were not part of the estate (in other words, you were named as a... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for Massachusetts on
Q: Can a buyer legally back out of a purchase and sale agreement if an error exists in the listing?

Both myself and the seller have signed the P&S agreement, and I have submitted the deposit check. The home is in a rural area, and the listing states cable internet is available. I just found out there is no high speed Internet available in the area. Can I legally back out of the deal and... View More

Michael Monteforte
Michael Monteforte
answered on Jul 1, 2019

Attorney Tolley is correct. 100%

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.