Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Noelle C. Cislo
1 Answer | Asked in Child Support for Illinois on
Q: Do you have to pay child support once the kid turns 18? There was never a child support order.
Noelle C. Cislo
Noelle C. Cislo
answered on Jun 22, 2018

The Illinois statute provides that a child is entitled to support until they either turn 18 years old or graduate from high school, which ever occur later, but in no event, beyond their 19th birthday. However, there are different statutes surrounding the requirement to pay support if a child is... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Illinois on
Q: I am non custodial parent and my daughter is 15 and wants to spend more time with me hwr mother is controlling says no

Her mother hates my wife and uses that along with using her visitation as a punishment when she is in trouble

Noelle C. Cislo
Noelle C. Cislo
answered on Jun 22, 2018

I would suggest that you file some sort of motion with the court indicating that you would like to modify your parenting time from what was previously ordered. Additionally, if you have ever been denied your court ordered parenting time, you can also file a petition to enforce the order as well.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.