Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Asher B. Fried
1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law for Texas on
Q: In 2010 my husband and I filed joint taxes. I now have a tax credit that carries back to 2010 can I admend individual

Can I admend the taxes without the estate individually

Asher B. Fried
Asher B. Fried
answered on May 20, 2016

I don't know about the income tax law in Texas, as I'm licensed in California, but with regard to the federal tax issue, assuming that the statute of limitations for claiming a credit or refund has not expired, it appears that an individual...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.