Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Paul Morgan Gaide
2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Colorado on
Q: Married in Colorado. I bought house before we were married it's in my name. IAM the only one that works.

Question can I lose my home in divorce since I bought home before we married home is in my name only

Paul Morgan Gaide
Paul Morgan Gaide answered on Jan 17, 2020

Generally speaking, in a dissolution of marriage case in Colorado, the Court must determine if assets are "property," and if "property," the Court must then determine if the property is "separate" or "marital," before allocating "marital" property... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Colorado on
Q: Do you have to disclose all credit cards on sworn financial statements?

On a sworn financial statement, do you need to disclose the credit card being used to pay your attorney fees if requesting the other party repay your fees? And if the others party shows negative income on their sworn financial statement.

And if an activity falls on one parties visitation... Read more »

Paul Morgan Gaide
Paul Morgan Gaide answered on Jul 25, 2019

All debts must be disclosed.

Whether the other party has "negative income" may or may not be relevant to whether you will be able to obtain an order for attorney fees. The Court will take all factors into consideration, including, without limitation, the division of assets and...
Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Colorado on
Q: I want to move back into my premarital house my husband is not on. We have a house, what is my financial responsibility?
Paul Morgan Gaide
Paul Morgan Gaide answered on Jun 18, 2019

Dear Poster:

It is impossible to answer your question without additional information.

Respectfully, the number of questions which competent counsel should ask of you are not conducive to this forum.

I recommend that you contact counsel of your choosing and discuss the matter.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.