Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Daniel B. Kelley
1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Colorado on
Q: In the middle of the divorce there's no custody set yet and we have not at her final hearing need help

So the mother of my son just took him out of state of Colorado without my written consent I don't feel that this is of right she is back now but she seems to just think she can do whatever she wants with him without my OK is what do I do I need help

Daniel B. Kelley
Daniel B. Kelley
answered on Sep 18, 2018

Not proper or appropriate. You need to contact an attorney to help you navigate this complicated and confusing process. There are many of my colleagues that will give you a free consultation. Give one of us a call today.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Colorado on
Q: Daughter in law has lost her children for being an unfit parent. Lying to the courts and now we cannot see the children

My addict son and daughter in law have lost custody of their children, and my sister in law is fostering/ possible adopting in Nov if rights are terminated. In a last ditch effort to get the children removed from my sister in law, she is telling social services that my husband is doing drugs with... View More

Daniel B. Kelley
Daniel B. Kelley
answered on Aug 27, 2018

You have a complicated situation on your hands. Obviously I can't give you specific advice without knowing a whole lot more. At the same time make sure you are see the kids and contact an attorney. November is not that far away I would suggest talking to someone as soon as possible.

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning for Colorado on
Q: my son recently passed away, and was living with a gal for almost 2 yrs,well, he took care of her for first year 1/2

she was a drug addict and needed constant watching, any way, he made a will and me and my boyfriend are on it, also he has 2 children, is she allowed too keep his things, she has already forged her name on title of pickup we sold my son 5 yr's ago, and we been paying the regerstiation , since... View More

Daniel B. Kelley
Daniel B. Kelley
answered on Aug 23, 2018

Your real question appears to be "was my son relationship with his girl friend considered a common law marriage thus entitling her to all ot part of his estate"? This, like so many legal questions are fact specific. I suggest you find competent counsel to review your specific facts.... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.