Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Natalie M. Packer
2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Domestic Violence for California on
Q: What will most likely happen with him?

I have a peaceful contact with my baby's dad but I live at my mom's house and we have an open dcf case, our restraining order was changed to peaceful contact because of our dcf case and his last/recent arrest,he was released and recently he passed by in a car and yelled my name my mom... Read more »

Natalie M. Packer
Natalie M. Packer answered on Jun 18, 2020

You need to speak to an attorney. Without more information I would not be able to answer your questions. However, if you are in fear for your safety because of violations to the restraining order you need to immediately contact law enforcement and seek protections from the court.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for California on
Q: abusive ex filed fraudulent tro vs me. After I responded and hired attorney, he signed a dismissal with prejudice.

The court returned dismissal filing citing procedural errors, and held hearing re dismissal. Plaintiff did not show up and court called him by phone. Commissioner dismissed without prejudice, either by error or because she didn't want to dismiss with prejudice? My attorney said nothing at... Read more »

Natalie M. Packer
Natalie M. Packer answered on Jun 4, 2020

You should speak to your attorney and get clarification of what is happening.

2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for California on
Q: Hello good day I have a question can I take my child out of state on vacation if I let the other parent know what dates

Back and were we are headed to and he says no I did text him and have all the text between us. I told him it will only be for 2 weeks we don't have any orders in place can he say I abducted our child even though I said only for that amount of time

Natalie M. Packer
Natalie M. Packer answered on May 29, 2020

The answer to your question really depends on what your custody orders say. If your orders state that you just have to give him notice, then you should be fine. However, if your orders are silent or if they say he must approve in writing and you've asked him but he says no you will have to... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Family Law for California on
Q: I am responding to an Ex-Parte in family court, do I have to serve the other party with my response before the hearing?
Natalie M. Packer
Natalie M. Packer answered on May 18, 2020

Yes. If you want the judge to consider it. You need to serve the other party with a copy.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for California on
Q: My ex husband refuses to buy me out for my half of the house. What is my recourse?

The divorce was in 2010. According to the decree, he was to live in the house and by the end of two years, he was to sell, or buy me out for my half of the house. It has been ten years. He got sick with ms, so I was patient but now my new husband just died and I can't wait any more. My... Read more »

Natalie M. Packer
Natalie M. Packer answered on May 15, 2020

As long as the order to sell house is stated in your judgment, you should file a request for order to enforce the terms of your judgment with the court and ask the court to force the sale. You should also ask for attorneys fees for having to bring the motion to enforce the judgment if you were to... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody for California on
Q: Shared custody out of state Can I still pick up child in ID & bring to CA per court order for Summer? By Car not plane.

Just wondering if mother can deny this visit due to shelter in place restrictions. I am set to pick her up June 19th for 6 weeks. I’ve decided to drive to get her rather then fly. California has jurisdiction over visitation and these dates are court ordered.

Natalie M. Packer
Natalie M. Packer answered on May 14, 2020

Mother cannot withhold the child due to shelter in place restrictions. Every county has issued orders that visitation orders are to be followed regardless of the shelter in place orders. Air travel is considered unsafe so it is best that you do not fly. Make sure to follow social distancing and... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.