Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Robert Stone Jeffrey
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida on
Q: I have a 6 year old daughter and me her and her father all live in Miami. She spends more time at his house but I want t

Move to Colorado with her Because that’s where I’m from and where my family lives. He wants to take the situation to court to make it so that I cannot bring her out of state. Can he do this, can you prevent me from moving out of state with her if we have nothing documented?

Robert Stone Jeffrey
Robert Stone Jeffrey answered on Feb 7, 2018

More information is required to address your situation. If paternity has never been established, then you can move without the necessity of seeking leave of court; however, this can be considered by the Court at a later date if he files a paternity action, such as in entering a parenting plan and... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida on
Q: If son's father has been absent my entire pregnancy, is it likely that the courts will allow him to major parental right

Like changing his last name to his, or make major decisions. I want to keep my son's last name as mine and make all the decisions but I don't mind him seeing him or spending time with him. Should I not file for support at all?

Robert Stone Jeffrey
Robert Stone Jeffrey answered on Feb 7, 2018

This is not a simple question to answer in the forum context. Much depends upon whether you are married to him. If you are unmarried, you have all of the rights until his paternity is legally established. If the child is born with 1 name, and he later establishes his paternity and petitions the... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Florida on
Q: The dad of my child file a false child abuse motion against me. It was proven no abuse occured. Can I ask for lawyer fee

He did this so I have to pay laywers fee. He has more money so he wants to bankrupt me

Robert Stone Jeffrey
Robert Stone Jeffrey answered on Jan 30, 2018

The answer depends on the totality of facts and is difficult to address in an online forum venue. Talk to your lawyer. However, as a general matter, in dissolution of marriage actions, or if you are the petitioner in a paternity action or this is a paternity modification and/or enforcement... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.