Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Nathan Held
1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Oregon on
Q: In Oregon if I have physical custody of My nephew and I file guardianship papers who does he stay with until court?

Nephew is 11yrs old his father is very unstable and lives in a van and in and out of his car and hotel rooms for the last few years.. now my nephew is living with a friend of his fathers and has been for a few months meanwhile his dad is still living in his car. My nephew talks about his dad and... View More

Nathan Held
Nathan Held
answered on Nov 25, 2017

You seem to have a few questions. First, what are your rights as your nephew's aunt? You don't have any rights relating to your nephew, with exceptions that are not relevant here. Second, where will your nephew stay until the court date? Your nephew will stay where his parents allow him... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce and Child Support for Oregon on
Q: Do I need a lawyre to ask for child support?
Nathan Held
Nathan Held
answered on Nov 25, 2017

No, you do not need a lawyer to ask for child support. You can submit your own "petition for custody and support" in an Oregon circuit court where the child is located. Most courts' webpages should have printable forms for submitting to the court and the fee should be $0. But a... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.