Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Karen Rodriguez Ibarrondo
2 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida on
Q: The children were taken from the mom in Hillsboro co they live with us in Broward where woukd mom file to get them back

I have permanent custody now where does she file for her custody back

Karen Rodriguez Ibarrondo
Karen Rodriguez Ibarrondo
answered on Feb 10, 2020

If the children were sheltered from the Mother in a dependency (DCF ) case and the case was closed permanent guardianship with you having custody, the Mother would have to seek to reopen the dependency case and ask for reunification. the Family Court will not be able to give custody to the Mother... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody for Florida on
Q: I was given custody of my grandchildren here in Broward County Florida They were taken into DCF custody in Hillsboro Co

Where does the mother file for her rights back ?Originally they resided in Hillsboro

Karen Rodriguez Ibarrondo
Karen Rodriguez Ibarrondo
answered on Feb 10, 2020

The Mother would have to make herself available in the dependency case in order to ensure her rights are not terminated and to litigate that case. If you were given custody of the children at some point, you should contact the Department to see if they would consider you as a placement for the... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.