Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Nic Schaefer
2 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Ohio on
Q: My 9 year old daughter wants to change her last name

I was wondering if you could give advice as to my daughter is 9 years old her father has only seen her 2 times a year give or take and each time for less than 30 mins for each visit. She cries when she has to go with him so bad that she throws up she has been wanting her last name changed to mine i... Read more »

Nic  Schaefer
Nic Schaefer
answered on Sep 3, 2019

You can change her name, but you'll have to get permission from her father.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.