Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Amber K. Boyd
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Indiana on
Q: I was recently terminated and went through a hearing for unemployment. The findings were that I was unfairly terminated.

I submitted a dispute but it has not been forwarded to the Corporate office to this date. I also requested a copy of my file and was informed that a subpoena would have to be submitted to obtain the requested information. What course of action do I need to do at this point? There are several... View More

Amber K. Boyd
Amber K. Boyd
answered on Jan 1, 2020

The first thing you need to do is contact an attorney to assist you in this matter. My phone number is 317-210-3416. Please give my office a call.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Indiana on
Q: How do I request that my former employer provide the emails I need for evidence from the account controlled by company?

I was terminated without expecting it and they shut down access to the email account immediately, In addition, the CEO did 'talks' online on YOUTUBE and the content is relevant to my claim of discrimination, the company has closed these and I cannot access the content, can I ask the... View More

Amber K. Boyd
Amber K. Boyd
answered on May 19, 2019

More than likely the only way to recover documents in this circumstance is to file a lawsuit and request the documents and videos through issuing Request for Production of Documents to the Defendant (company).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.