Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Holly Marie Hammons
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Texas on
Q: My son got locked up on a conspiracy charge and he's a minor still what will happen to him
Holly Marie Hammons
Holly Marie Hammons answered on Jan 11, 2019

If your son has no previous record generally the State will recommend a deferred adjudication meaning if he completes probation successfully the charge will not be on his record. Juvenile records are sealed and can only be opened under limited circumstances. Probation for a juvenile is generally... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Texas on
Q: Can I self revoke probation w/out a lawyer. I do not have a job and cannot afford the requirements.

I live in Abilene, TX but the charge is from Odessa, TX

Holly Marie Hammons
Holly Marie Hammons answered on Jan 11, 2019

If you are currently on probation and you fail to fulfill the requirements the State could revoke your probation and sentence you to serve the remainder of your sentence in jail or prison depending on the charge. If a revocation is filed in your case you could qualify for a court appointed... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.