Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Jessica Hall
4 Answers | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Child Custody, Divorce and Family Law for Georgia on
Q: How do you file for more time to retain a lawyer if your spouse has filed for divorce? Judge gave 2 wks. I work FT!HELP

It was a Rule Nisi but the judge wouldn't hear it until mediation and only gave 2 weeks. Husband filed right before Thanksgiving and served ammended papers seeking Rule Nisi right before Christmas. He's trying for custody. Been so busy at work and have had to take time off to do all I... View More

Jessica Hall
Jessica Hall
answered on Feb 5, 2019

Many lawyers offer affordable flat fee rates as well as payment plans as well as extended hours for clients just like you! I would advise you to continue searching for any attorney and speak with one specifically about filing a motion to have tour current husband contribute to your attorney fees... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.