Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Jeffery Demland
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation and Contracts for Oregon on
Q: How do a file a case above small claims where I intend to represent myself?

I have a breach of contract case against a contractor who did improper work on my home. I completed the complaint and mediation process with the State of Oregon Construction Contractors board. The contractor has not responded to any communication and did not appear for the mediation appointment... View More

Jeffery Demland
Jeffery Demland
answered on Apr 9, 2021

You would need to file a complaint for breach of contract in the circuit court for the county in which your home is located. In your complaint, you would need to make allegations to support your claim, including allegations to support the existence of a contract, how the contractor breached it,... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.