Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Katelyn M. Burke
1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Connecticut on
Q: Hi, I have to give back money to Social Security. It is money that I don't have. I feel it's not my fault.

I have reported my income each month like I'm supposed to do.

Katelyn M. Burke
Katelyn M. Burke answered on Apr 9, 2019

You have a few options here. If you do not think you were overpaid, you can request a reconsideration of the determination. If instead, which it sounds like here, you believe you may have been overpaid, but it is not your fault, you can ask for a waiver of the overpayment and complete SSA Form 632,... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Social Security for Connecticut on
Q: how hard is it to collect ssdi at 62
Katelyn M. Burke
Katelyn M. Burke answered on Apr 9, 2019

Assuming you can establish that you do have severe medical conditions, one hurdle you will need to get over is proving that you cannot do your past relevant work. Unlike for a younger individual, once that is established, the kinds of jobs Social Security Administration will tell you to go get... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.