Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by David William Spalding
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Kentucky on
Q: How long do I have to wait to have a domestic violence charge expunged in Kentucky?
David William Spalding
David William Spalding answered on May 15, 2020


Were you charged in criminal court? Or was this a domestic violence order entered in family court?

If you were charged in criminal court, assuming the charge was not one labeled as a violent crime or an assault 1 or 2, you're looking at 5 years from the date of your...
Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Kentucky on
Q: If I got pulled over without having a license , and I've never had one before and the cop never gave me a ticket ,

Just a warning do I have to go to court ? I should mention I'm also an indiana resident .

David William Spalding
David William Spalding answered on Mar 24, 2020

That's a big fat NO. IF the officer did not give you a ticket with a court date, and informed you that "this was just a warning" - you should not have to appear in court. Be mindful, though, that IF he did provide you with a ticket, most of the time (if not all of the time, and... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Kentucky on
Q: Is there anything I can do about charges my son received due to neglect of the jail?

He was sitting in the booking area waiting to be booked, and the jail left the sally port door open and he ran out of it. Racking up several other charges. If the facility hadn't been negligent he would not be facing the additional charges.

David William Spalding
David William Spalding answered on Jan 20, 2020

I’m afraid there is likely no remedy here.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Kentucky on
Q: My husband just went to jail for 4th degree assult. I want to drop the charges. How would i go about doing this?

He is also on parole.

David William Spalding
David William Spalding answered on Dec 17, 2019

Ultimately, you would approach the prosecutor's office on the day of his arraignment or next court date and inform the prosecutors that you're there to speak about his case. You may tell them that you no longer wish to proceed with charges, but it is the prosecutor's discretion of... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.