Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Edidiong Aaron
3 Answers | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Nebraska on
Q: Can I stop ex from taking kids out of state because his attorney didn't submit final custody order decree yet?

My ex has an attorney and I don't we had court February 26th and I gave my ex full custody of our kids until I'm off probation but we have joint legal custody however many issues were not discussed such as taking the kids out of state, holidays, etc. And we are already having issues with... View More

Edidiong Aaron
Edidiong Aaron
answered on Mar 5, 2020

If the out of state trip does not interfere with your parenting time, he MAY be granted to do so. Where custody is decided and a parenting plan is in place, generally, a parent may exercise their designated parenting time as they wish. In most cases, unless specifically agreed upon, the other... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.