Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Victoria Ledeneva
1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for New York on
Q: I won my asylum case and i submitted for my greencard this year I wanna get the travel document , I'm just confused.

On the application type what should i choose for Travel document

1. I am a permanent resident or conditional resident of the united states , and i'm applying for a reentry .

2. I now hold us refugee or asyle status , and I am applying for a refugee travel document

3.... View More

Victoria Ledeneva
Victoria Ledeneva
answered on Jun 4, 2020

If you have not received yet your permanent resident status ("green card"), you should choose option #2 "I now hold US refugee or asylee status , and I am applying for a refugee travel document" if you are applying for travel document.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Texas on
Q: Can EAD clock stops because of covid-19

Can EAD clock stops because of covid-19.

Victoria Ledeneva
Victoria Ledeneva
answered on Jun 2, 2020

No. EAD clock does not stop because of covid-19. If you applied for asylum at least 150 days ago and still have not received an initial decision on your asylum application, you can file form I-765 and supporting documents with USCIS to request your Employment Authorization Document (EAD).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.