Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Dan Deeds Kienker
1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for South Carolina on
Q: How can I assure my ex pays me the $15,000 he promised to pay after sale of house?

The divorce decree states my ex must pay me $15,000 from sale of property. However, it does not specify when he has to pay this money following the sale of the house. The property just sold and I'm being asked to sign away ownership. How do I assure he pays?

Dan Deeds Kienker
Dan Deeds Kienker
answered on Oct 11, 2020

To provide a thorough answer I would have to review the Divorce Decree and Court Order approving the Agreement between you and your ex-Husband. Most Agreements as part of the dissolution of a marriage will specify exact date(s) when some event must occur. For example, in a case involving minor... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.