Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Priscilla Higuera
1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for California on
Q: Can I appeal my deportation even though I signed to be deported? I was made a ward of the state at the age of 12.

I was brought to the states when I was 2 months old. I became a legal permanent resident soon after. I lived all my life in southern California. I was made ward of the state when I was 12 years old and grew up in the foster care system. What can I do? I never lived in Mexico, in fact, never lived... View More

Priscilla Higuera
Priscilla Higuera
answered on Jan 27, 2021

Hi, I would need a bit more information to answer your question. You indicated that you became a legal permanent resident of the U.S. shortly after two months old. If that is the case, were you placed in deportation proceedings in an attempt to remove your lawful permanent resident status? Did you... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.