Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Donald Rudolph Taylor
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Civil Rights for Texas on
Q: My sister is currently incarcerated, she was put with a enemy while shackled. And injured what kind lawyer could help?

They were known enemies and was supposed to be kept separated. My sister reminded the guard of this, and it was ignored. They got into altercation and my sister arm and wrist was broke. Any suggestion on what kind of lawyer to talk to about filing a formal or criminal charges against the guard or... View More

Donald Rudolph Taylor
Donald Rudolph Taylor
answered on May 10, 2019

This sort of negligence on the part of the county is a personal injury case requiring expertise in that area.

There is a possible case there but it may be difficult to come find a lawyer willing to do it on contingency fee alone because it has obvious problems. A jury isn't going to...
View More

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Texas on
Q: I had agg.asslt w/deadly wpn chrg against my spouse. Case dismissed. How does she get her firearm back?
Donald Rudolph Taylor
Donald Rudolph Taylor
answered on May 7, 2019

File a Motion to Return Property with the clerk of the same court the case was dismissed asking to be heard regarding the gun. The Motion requesting return of the gun. Here's one that I drafted. Serve the DA with a copy and speak to someone in her office about agreeing to return it. They may... View More

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Texas on
Q: I was arrested for Artical 17.292(a) I was ordered to stay 500’ from my fiancé home or place of employment for 61 days

I was made threatening comments to her. We are able to be with each other anytime other then at her home or place of employment. It was a class c misdemeanor.

My fiancé wants to remove the 61 day restriction. So I can go to her home. How does she go about getting this removed?

Donald Rudolph Taylor
Donald Rudolph Taylor
answered on Apr 25, 2019

First, an emergency protection order may be issued against someone arrested for a violation like you described. You didn't mention an arrest but I will assume you were. Further, I will assume that you were arrested for a violation that falls under the statute you cited. It all sounds legal for... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.