Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Christina Marie Shaffer
1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Family Law for California on
Q: my soon to be ex is now engaged to a women who had her kid taken away by CPS. Can I say she can't be around my kid?

The CPS case is closed and she gave away her parental rights and the case is approximately 2 years old.

Christina Marie Shaffer
Christina Marie Shaffer answered on Mar 12, 2019

You would need to see why CPS took her children away. Depending on the details, you might want to bring it to your Judge's attention

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for California on
Q: Non-custodial parent owes back pay in child support. Children are now living with non-custodial parent. Can I be-

obligated to pay child support? This is in the state of California

Christina Marie Shaffer
Christina Marie Shaffer answered on Mar 12, 2019

Child Support is based largely upon custodial timeshare and respective incomes. If the other parent has more custody, then child support would have to be calculated.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.