Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Eric J Dirga
1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Florida on
Q: I would like to sue the city of Maitland for red light cameras with shortened yellow traffic lights

In the "hearing" that I attended, the evidence I had diligently collected in support of my case with disregarded and an additional $250 of "court fees" were added. What right do they have to charge me a fine more than 1.5x the original fine amount just to appear at a podium for... View More

Eric J Dirga
Eric J Dirga
answered on Jan 24, 2019

I deal with the tickets. I will agree that the entire Red Light Camera debacle is a scam for money, not safety. When we were able to fight these and win on the evidence (or lack thereof) things were good. That ended around 2013. After that, all the attitudes of the judges and hearing officers... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: florida law is it legal to coherse someone encompacitated to sign a document changing their will and get poa at same tim

All done at the same time days before their death in Vero Beach, Florida

Eric J Dirga
Eric J Dirga
answered on Nov 29, 2018

If it can be shown that a Will or a Power of Attorney was signed by coercion or by a person not mentally competent, it should be disregarded. This decision is by a court and you have to raise this in that forum. Find a lawyer that practices estate planning for further guidance.

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence for Florida on
Q: Is there a limit as to how long a restraining order can last?
Eric J Dirga
Eric J Dirga
answered on Nov 24, 2018

The term of a "restraining order" (also known as an Order for Protection Against Violence) is set by the issuing judge. This can be extended or shortened by the court. Typically, any modification of the term of the order is done with notice to the victim/petitioner.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Florida on
Q: Need probono for warrents in Hillsboro pls help

Capious failure to appear can't afford lawyer judge unapointed pd need capious gone and court date made pls help

Eric J Dirga
Eric J Dirga
answered on Nov 23, 2018

See if you qualify for Legal Aid in Hillsborough County.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: Shoptlifting at Target in Florida

Shiotluft$33 in Target. Not pressing charges or police called just photo I’d and no tresspass for 1 yr. will I get a summons to go to court? So stupid and stressed and need advice and the best way to end thus irdeal

Eric J Dirga
Eric J Dirga
answered on Nov 23, 2018

Unfortunately, no one here can tell you what law enforcement or prosecutors will do in the future. All you can do is wait it out.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.