Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Mary Elizabeth Henderson
1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Tennessee on
Q: I receive future payments every 5 years until reach the age of 65. Can I get that all at once to purchase a home?
Mary Elizabeth Henderson
Mary Elizabeth Henderson
answered on Jan 8, 2018

In order to respond appropriate it would be necessary for an attorney to review your settlement agreement. Generally speaking, the insurance company may being willing to offer you a lump sum payment but note it will more likely be for a lessor sum than the 5 years of payments equal out to. Also,... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Tennessee on
Q: How to file an appeal for parenting plan under false accusations?

Nov1st. I agreed to a parenting plan with my childrens father. however since then he has lost his job & is not maintaining his part of the plan. no insurance/ no support/ not taking the children to school on his days. also is now filed a proven false complaint to dcs. What should I do?

Mary Elizabeth Henderson
Mary Elizabeth Henderson
answered on Jan 5, 2018

You need to consult with an attorney as a modification of the plan verses and appeal of the plan may be more appropriate. In order to ascertain the appropriate course of action additional information would be required. I highly recommend you consult with legal counsel.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.