Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Paul William Rebein
5 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Florida on
Q: Someone crashed into me, who will cover the charges for my vehicle?

I was involved in an accident less than a week ago where a person did not stop at a stop sign and was speeding which is how she hit me. A police report was filed and the person was deemed at fault and issued a ticket. I informed my insurance company and the other person's insurance company... Read more »

Paul William Rebein
Paul William Rebein answered on Jun 28, 2017

The other driver's insurance will pay for the fair market value of your vehicle and then your gap will pay the balance of the loan.

You may also have a claim for diminution in value. Make sure they pay you for the sales tax you paid,

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for Florida on
Q: how a cant get a legal document for car accident

her insurance don't pay the medical bills and off work

Paul William Rebein
Paul William Rebein answered on Jun 13, 2017

Your best option is to contact a personal injury attorney. Under Florida law, insurance companies have to provide a copy of their insured's policy. Your insurance has what is called Personal Injury Protection coverage which should also pay your medical bills up to $10,000 and 60% of lost wages.

View More Answers

4 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for Florida on
Q: If a restaurant or stores have steps should they be marked with something letting people know they are there.

The steps were the same color as the floor

Paul William Rebein
Paul William Rebein answered on Apr 11, 2017

In some cases, yes they have to mark the steps. It depends on the configuration of the steps and whether they are open and obvious to a reasonable person.

In many cases, the steps do not meet code requirements for slip resistance. We have handled cases where we got an expert to measure...
Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Personal Injury for Florida on
Q: Can personal injury rewards be taken for back child support payments in florida
Paul William Rebein
Paul William Rebein answered on Mar 28, 2017

Yes, but if it is the FL Department of revenue, they will often reduce their lien so the client still gets some funds. For example, if their lien is $50,000 and the client's share of the settlement is $10,000.00, the DOR will often agree to take $5,000 and allow the client to get $5,000.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.