Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Gavin Kazuo Doi
1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Hawaii on
Q: In the state of Hawaii, can a non-custodial parent relinquish their rights to children and not pay support?

non-custodial parent does not see children unless mother says yes. Total days seen in 2016=4. Father was unable to keep visitation schedule made by mother because of work schedule and children's school/sport schedule and children live 24.5 miles approximately a 2 hour drive to and from. Mother... View More

Gavin Kazuo Doi
Gavin Kazuo Doi
answered on Dec 15, 2016

The brief answer is that a non-custodial parent cannot relinquish/terminate their rights to their child, nor their child support obligation. The only two exceptions would be (1) the State (through Child Welfare Services/Department of Human Services) terminates the parent's rights to the child... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.