Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Robert Hallack
1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Louisiana on
Q: Can a child of a deceased parent request medical records without being the executor of the estate?
Robert Hallack
Robert Hallack answered on Oct 14, 2019

Yes. LSA - 40:1299.96(A)(2)(b) allows children of the deceased patient to request medical records without opening an estate.

3 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Louisiana on
Q: I had an angioplasty and the doctor went in through wrong side to place a stent. I now walk with a limp.
Robert Hallack
Robert Hallack answered on Aug 29, 2019

How is it that you know the doctor went in through the wrong side to place the stent? The issue in your case is 1) whether by performing your surgery in this manner the surgeon failed to follow the standard of care, and 2) whether by choosing to perform the surgery in this manner did he cause an... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Louisiana on
Q: Hurt myself at work , reported but they are telling me to just file on my insurance. What are my options?

Injury is resulting in small surgery they say there is no need to fill out workers comp paperwork.

Robert Hallack
Robert Hallack answered on Jul 10, 2019

If you were injured at work, your best option is to consult with an experienced Workers Compensation attorney. You may be entitled to recover loss wages and more. There are some firms, including myself, who offer free consultations and will meet with you and answer any questions you may have.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Defense for Louisiana on
Q: 2 texas vehicles get in a wreck in louisiana and the NOT at fault one one had a lapse in insurance. Can they still recib
Robert Hallack
Robert Hallack answered on Jul 10, 2019

Are you asking can the driver who was not at fault still recover? This depends on a few different factors, but the best route would be to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.