Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Neil Davis
2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Michigan on
Q: I got involved in a car accident and I have questions
Neil Davis
Neil Davis answered on Dec 15, 2017

A good auto accident lawyer should be able to answer all your questions.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Michigan on
Q: I bought air head bites I grab a handful and bit into a screw it broke my tooth and swelled my jaw up
Neil Davis
Neil Davis answered on Jun 7, 2017

You need to keep the screw, the packaging and the receipt. Seek treatment and contact an attorney that knows how to handle these cases.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Michigan on
Q: I was involved in car accident. Other driver at fault. I am paying for rental car out of pocket. Can i get her pay ?

Also I went to hospital to get checked out next day because my back and neck are messed up. This was 2 wks ago. By back is still killing me. Not sure what i can do

Neil Davis
Neil Davis answered on May 31, 2017

If you have not already, you need to make a claim with your own insurance company. Some policies will pay for a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired. Also, if you sustained injuries, you can make a claim against the at-fault driver to recover compensation for those injuries.

3 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for Michigan on
Q: I was injured a few months ago when another car slid into mine in icy conditions. Can the other driver be held legally

responsible in light of the extreme weather? They didn't seem to be able to control their car.

Neil Davis
Neil Davis answered on May 19, 2017

Absolutely. Drivers have a duty to operate their motor vehicles with due regard to traffic and surface conditions then and there existing pursuant to Michigan law. MCL 257.627.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Michigan on
Q: can I ask a question? I am in michigan I got a subpeona to give a deposition about an accident i was in.

I was the driver. I was uninsured. The person suing was my passenger. Will my giving the deposition possibly cause me to be sued & held financially responsible? At this point the claim is to MICHIGAN ASSIGNED CLAIMS PLAN.

Neil Davis
Neil Davis answered on May 1, 2017

It is a little unclear what your question is. A Subpoena is a Court Order for you to appear for the deposition. If you fail to do so, the person that issued the subpoena can ask the Court to schedule a Show Cause hearing wherein you would have to explain why you should not be held in contempt of... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Michigan on
Q: On Dec 8th I was involved in an automobile accident that was no fault of my own. I have been unable to work ever since,

We are still in the obtaining all of the MRI's from the hospitals and so forth, but I am searching for a good personal injury attorney.

Neil Davis
Neil Davis answered on Mar 7, 2017

A good personal injury lawyer can help get all the necessary records, help make sure you get all the benefits from your own insurance company and pursue the clam against the at-fault driver.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.