Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Benjamin Salyers
1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Kentucky on
Q: Insurance Company stopped paying worker comp benefits without notice.

Got hurt on the job in KY, am self-employed and insurance company paid me worker comp benefits for 2 year, a little over and one day after seeing a doctor they wanted me to see they just stopped paying me. Said I was at MMI. Are they able to do that without Judges order and am I able to recoup back... View More

Benjamin Salyers
Benjamin Salyers
answered on Jun 25, 2019

Yes, the insurance company can stop paying TTD when you are found at MMI. But, the determination of MMI can be contested if your doctor believes you are not at MMI. If and when you are at MMI, however, you then become entitled to compensation for either permanent partial or permanent total... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Kentucky on
Q: Broke back during work hours. We carpool to 4 offices. It’s painful, do I have to travel on dr ordered light duty
Benjamin Salyers
Benjamin Salyers
answered on Dec 21, 2018

Your employer is not required to accommodate restrictions related to a work injury. However, if they can not reasonably accommodate, then the workers' compensation insurance carrier would have to pay lost wages (temporary total disability) during the period you're not working because the... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.