Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Peggy Roston
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Alaska on
Q: Retiring in August 2015. Spouse and I have agreed to go our seperate ways. Divorce vs. Anullment.

We have a child who is enlisting into the army, waiting to sign the papers. Child is 17 at the moment and will be 18 in November. Child has lived with Mother during the duration of my military career. How would child support be handled. Also, I am in AK and the Spouse is in NC. What would be the... View More

Peggy Roston
Peggy Roston
answered on Jan 13, 2016

If you and your spouse had a child during marriage, then you have a couple of options. The first is to file a joint petition for dissolution. The second option is to file an uncontested divorce case. You can find the forms on-line at

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Alaska on
Q: How do I find out who got me on child support
Peggy Roston
Peggy Roston
answered on Jan 15, 2016

You should be entitled to take a paternity test to see if you are the father of the child in question. I would contact CSSD here to discuss this issue if they are refusing to disclose the name of the mother to you.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.