Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Mary Elizabeth McCluskey
3 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Immigration Law and Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: I'm 17 years old in colorado, i want to marry a 29 year old to help gain their citizenship. Is it legal?

the marriage would be legitimate we have been dating over the internet for 5 years btw.

Mary Elizabeth McCluskey
Mary Elizabeth McCluskey
answered on May 1, 2017

I suggest you consult with an immigration attorney as to what qualifies as a "legitimate" marriage. A competent immigration attorney can explain to you what constitutes a real marriage, the different types of marriage fraud under USCIS, and the civil and criminal consequences of... View More

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: My 21 step son was arrested for sexual assault on a child ( 6 years old). He had a video advisement 2 hours ago.

The booking detail says "no bond" and "administrative hold." Is this because the record hasn't been updated yet? What is an admin hold? He confessed a good deal to the detective when he was arrested (turned himself in on a warrant) and he is also Type 1 diabetic...

Mary Elizabeth McCluskey
Mary Elizabeth McCluskey
answered on May 2, 2017

In felony Sex Assault on a Child cases a “no bond hold” is placed on the accused until the Bond Hearing occurs. This hearing should be held within 96 hours of arrest. Your step son has to remain in jail until the bond hearing before the judge. At the bond hearing the judge sets the bond or may... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.