Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Vic Carmody Jr
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Mississippi on
Q: In MS, does each individual criminal charge come with a different case number? such as 20-20-###.

Back in February, a friend of mine was arrested by his PO officer accompanied by the DTF when she made a home visit. Numerous charges including felon in poss of firearm, drug poss charges, etc. On ALL of the original paperwork with the judge's signature signing off for the warrants and... View More

Vic Carmody Jr
Vic Carmody Jr
answered on May 8, 2020

An indictment can have multiple counts (charges) listed under the same cause number. For example, at the top will be the cause number (Cause No 2020-1234) and below will be each charge (Count I - Felon in Possession of a Firearm, Count II - Possession of Controlled Substance, etc.) Each count will... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Mississippi on
Q: What is the law concerning I left my car on side of the road overnight and sheriff department had it towed
Vic Carmody Jr
Vic Carmody Jr
answered on Apr 26, 2020

Depending upon the location of the vehicle, this abandoned vehicle may have been a traffic hazard. This would permit a police officer to clear a potential accident hazard from the shoulder of the road. Most wait 12 hours or more.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI on
Q: The officer who arrested me for dwi was arrested himself for dwi with a crash that nearly killed woman what can i do?

I have not gone to court yet in new Hampshire Also the officer has been fired

Vic Carmody Jr
Vic Carmody Jr
answered on Apr 26, 2020

Your arrest was not part of the same incident as his later DWI arrest in New Hampshire. You need a well-connected attorney in your state to look at all the facts of YOUR case. The only likely benefit from the arresting officer's pending DWI is that he may be terminated as a law enforcement... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.