Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Jeffrey Alex Goldfarb

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Missouri on

Q: In the state if Missouri can someone on probation & parole act as a confidential informant legally ?

Jeffrey Alex Goldfarb answered on Feb 14, 2014

Yes but, typically, their lawyer and the prosecuting attorney will work with the probation officer to make them aware of the situation as failing to do so could result in revocation.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Missouri on

Q: I have a MO warrant for fail to appear on orig. charge dwi. can i just do my ses 5 day backup when i turn myself in???

I failed to pay my fines and finish satop in time about 5 months ago. im pretty sure thats why they had scheduled a prob viol hearing and issued a warrant, but i didnt know about any of this until recently after checking my mail for the first time in months. also, why is my warrant 1500 cash only... Read more »

Jeffrey Alex Goldfarb answered on Feb 14, 2014

You need a lawyer who can meet with the judge and prosecutor in an effort to get the previous deal reinstated before you surrender yourself. You may be able to achieve the same result on your own, but it is doubtful. Call me or another lawyer for help. Jeff -,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Missouri on

Q: Where can i find a petition for review in st.charles county to appeal a dwi chemical refusal

Jeffrey Alex Goldfarb answered on Feb 14, 2014

Quickest answer is to call an attorney. Those of us who file Petitions for Review have them ready to go on a moment's notice as there are very strict time limits to filing them. I believe you have 30 days from the date of the notice to file the Petition for Review or you cannot file it. The only... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.