Los Angeles, CA asked in Employment Law for California

Q: Former employer will not mail me my last pay stub after quitting

Hello I had a question I requested several times after I left employment hearing today and from the looks of it they are refusing to mail it to me. Is there a way I can force them to send it to me because I am not sure they are paying me the correct hours which was sent pass 72 hours after I quit. Also Under California Labor Code section 227.3, unless otherwise provided by a collective bargaining agreement, an employee who is terminated without having taken all accrued vacation time must be paid for the vacation time as wages to his final rate of pay. Which I did not receive at all my employer lied at the hearing and said that the pay stub that says $1000 bonus was my accured vacation however the amount does not equal what is owed to me. Plus the pay-stub stating bonus does not have how many vacation hours I accured or how much my rate is.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Benjamin Hill
Benjamin Hill
  • Woodland Hills, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Labor section 226 requires employers to give its employees a pay stub each time that wages are paid (including the final time wages are paid). Furthermore, these pay stub must contain nine different categories for information. For for information on pay stubs, please visit -- http://employerdefenseattorney.com/itemized-wage-statements/

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.